The Student News Site of The College Academy

TCA Heights

TCA Heights

TCA Heights

Drivers Ed at TCA

Drivers Ed at TCA

Recently I just got my drivers license and I was able to get it in our school The College Academy.  It wasn’t easy but it was definitely worth it. The College Academy offers a drivers education program if you’re a junior or senior, meaning you have to be at least 16 years old to have this class. I think this is a great opportunity for everyone who wants to take this class because it’s way cheaper here than getting your license outside of school . The instructors who help you learn how to drive are Hector Gonzales and Mr. Akel.  They make sure you are 100% ready for your road test.

At first driving for me was scary and I didn’t know how to control the car. After 9 months of practicing I was confident and more prepared then I was before. The drivers ed program has definitely been a success because it will motivate other students to get their license as well. Besides, a great advantage is not having to pay a lot of money for each class you take because they have it here for free. Also it will be better to graduate high school having your license and you won’t have to worry about it later on

Student learning how to drive (Google)

Steps to getting your license:

• 16 years or older 
  • study the permit book 
  • pass the permit test
  • pay $100 to get your permit from the DMV (they will take you)
  • Have at least 50 hours or more of driving experience
  • take the road test(if you feel like your ready) 
  • pass the road test 
  • wait 2 weeks to get your license back
youtube
View Comments (2)
Donate to TCA Heights

Your donation will support the student journalists of The College Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.