The Student News Site of The College Academy

TCA Heights

TCA Heights

TCA Heights

Crime, immigrants and Biden’s management: major concerns of New Yorkers, according to survey

Immigrants are groups of people who flee the difficulties of their countries of origin and seek asylum or a better life. This is the case of New York where thousands of immigrants arrive to rebuild their lives. But the serious question is whether it is good or bad to have so many immigrants in New York City with the opinion of New Yorkers waiting.

Among all the articles presented on the topic of journalistic reading, this was the one that caught my attention the most. From the EL DIARIO article, Crime, immigrants and Biden’s management: great concerns among New Yorkers, according to survey, due to the participation of Andrés Correa on October 24, 2023 at 12:34. the problem that afflicted NY during the time of Joe Biden’s presidency due to the constant growth of immigrants arriving in NY. Which makes New Yorkers begin to worry about the expansion of immigrants into their daily lives. Because most New Yorkers consider immigrants to be a “serious problem,” since they bring with them the issue of crime and the idea that they are destroying New York City, potentially losing the political effect carried out by the presidency of Biden.

the majority of voters because they agree that immigrants are a “serious problem” and this leads to comparisons between Biden with the survey of only 45% approval and Donald Trump narrowly surpassing him: 46% to 37%. What interests me about this article is that it is a topic that attracts people’s attention when they see what their daily lives are like. and that due to this issue the political system would be in doubt since the majority believed that the current president was not capable of serving a second term in the White House and neither was Donald Trump, which generates more unknowns for the city and the panorama 2024 election for New Yorkers.

The living environment is like today and having the opportunity to do something against this problem by giving your opinion about it and how. agree or disagree with the people promoting this event. What I like the most is that his presentation style is based on Informative, which involves keeping an informative presentation short and to the point, which is appropriate for this situation where information on a topic is used widely. But on the question of whether it is good or bad for immigrants to come to a new country like New York. I can say that it is an engine for the growth of the city’s economy and that will cause problems, but if it is for families trying to rebuild their lives, that can be solved.