The Gaming Club: A Club For Everyone

Alex Ramos, Staff Writer

The College Academy has many clubs for kids to have fun and mess around with after or during school. For example, we have the art club for artists to draw or paint to their heart’s content. Another is band club, where kids learn to play a variety of instruments.  But what many kids don’t know is that there is another club that takes place in the morning and during lunch. The Video Game Club!

The Video Game Club is run by Mr. Merced who brings a Nintendo Switch for many kids to chill and play some video games. The game you will likely see in the club is Super Smash Bros Ultimate. In the morning the club is open and the club is always packed with a lot of tired kids.  During class hours it’s closed but it reopens at lunch during 4th period.  During lunch the gaming club is more expressive and loud and you can really hear the members trying their best.

When asked what he likes about video game club senior Armando Mejia said,  “It’s a great way to make friends and socialize.  I recommend it to freshman or new/transfer students.”

Sophomore Samuel Weekes won the last club tournament but offered suggestions to help the club grow.“Hopefully they add new games like Mario Kart since they are always playing Smash Bros. Maybe we can get more switches or other consoles.”

Junior Axel Diaz also offered praise and suggestions. He’s met friends here and had fun. He thinks the best player is Miguel. He won 10th place in the last tournament. He recommends it to anyone. He hopes the class gets more space because it gets a bit cramped.